- How long has the company been in business?
- What is the company’s reputation in the community?
- Do they have a clean record with the contractors board?
- Are they accredited with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you know a friend or neighbor who has used the same company with good results?
- How many pools have they built?
- Will the company provide you with a clear written estimate so that you’re not confused about what work will be done?
- Will they finish the project on time?
- Will the company add hidden charges after the construction process has begun?
- Will the company be careful to remove or take care of landscaping and other outdoor structures?
- Will they keep your property clean and safe throughout the construction process?
- Will the company provide you with unconditional lien releases upon receiving payment for completed work?
The price of a pool is determined by much more than just the size and shape of that pool. Unfortunately, many contractors don’t include important factors that affect cost in the actual estimate they give you. This also means that you can get hit with hidden charges after construction has begun. Some important things to consider are:
- Quality of Materials
- Design Expertise
- Underground Strength and Durability
- Customer Service
- Time Required for Construction
A Polynesian Pool estimate always includes the highest quality materials available, superior craftsmanship, expert design, and unparalleled customer service. You also get the knowledge and expertise of more than 30 years of custom pool building experience. And we never submit a low introductory bid with the intent of making expensive changes later.
Surprisingly, construction costs for the pool structure itself do not vary greatly from pool to pool. Prices can be affected slightly by ease of access onto your property, demolition requirements prior to construction, and local permit costs. The size and design of the pool affect the cost too, but not as much as you might think.
Much of the variation in price is based on what is called “hardscape.” Hardscape is what is placed around your pool to enhance its design. The size and materials used in your deck, patios, waterfalls, gazebos, planter walls, and other features can be simple or sensational. As the customer, you have the greatest influence on your total budget as you control the design of your pool’s hardscape.
Expert builders can construct quality pools in yards of all shapes and sizes. Our expert design and engineering team can work with the most challenging properties. You’ll be surprised by our innovative solutions that can turn your dreams into a beautiful backyard resort. Before you give up on your impossibly small yard or hillside location, call us for design advice. It’s free!
Didn’t find the answer?
10 Great Reasons To Buy A Polynesian Pool
- Family Time – Create a fun and relaxing space for your children and family to spend time together without ever leaving the backyard!
- Create an Outdoor Resort at Home – A Polynesian Pool can serve as a relaxing and inviting centerpiece right in your own backyard.
- Throw a Party – A Polynesian Pool is a great way to entertain. Invite your friends and neighbors over for a poolside bar-b-que and a dip in the water.
- Stay Healthy and Lose Weight - Research shows that swimming provides a better total body workout with a low risk of injury. It also helps you to lose weight faster.
- Unwind and Relax – When you get home from a long day at work or need to escape, take a quick dip in your pool to unwind. Spending time in the water helps your body relax and get rid of stress and improve your ability to sleep.
- Increase the Value of Your Home – Recent studies show that owning a pool increases the value of your home by as much as 15%. It also makes your property more attractive to prospective home buyers. If it comes time to move, owning a pool may be the difference between selling your home quickly or keeping it on the market.
- Stay Cool - Instead of hiding out in the air-conditioning, you can beat the summer heat by lounging in the cool waters of your own pool.
- Keep an Eye on Your Kids - With a swimming pool in your backyard, you can give your kids and their friends a place to play that is both convenient and safe. You can also rest easy knowing that your children are close by.
- Save Some Money - A pool is easier to finance and maintain than most people think. And in the long run, pools are less expensive than big family vacations and other entertainment options – and they last longer.
- Long Lasting Fun – Building a pool is a great investment that will reap rewards for a lifetime. A vacation, a movie, or a visit to a theme park will all come to an end, but a pool will be enjoyed by your friends and family for years to come.